The Marion Family YMCA is encouraging parents to help keep their kids physically active and mentally engaged by signing them up for the Y’s summer sport and exploration camps. Summer is a critical out-of-school time when children and teens can benefit from enriched learning, new experiences and making new friendships. The Y says their camp offers all of this and more.
“While summer should be a time of exploration, youth are sometimes less involved in activities that stimulate their mind and body,” says Charlie Myers, Program Director of Marion Family YMCA. “When at summer camp, kids have the opportunity to get outdoors and learn about nature, take on new responsibilities, gain independence, and develop essential social skills and new relationships. As a result, they become more confident, open to trying new things and grow as individuals and as part of a group.”
Summer Sport and Exploration Camps provide programming for children and teens, including: soccer, basketball, baseball, volleyball, football, archery, new games, water games, entrepreneurship week and service to the Y. And, to ensure that all youth have the chance to experience camp the Marion Family YMCA offers financial assistance to those in need.
According to Y camping experts, there are five reasons why children and teens should attend summer camp:
- Adventure: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of fun adventures and new experiences, and especially exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen.
- Healthy Fun: Day camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their eating habits.
- Personal Growth: While being away from the routine back home, youth have a chance to learn new skills, and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges.
- New Friendships: Amidst the fun of camp, campers meet new friends.
- Memories: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of camp stories to share.
For more information about the Marion Family YMCA Summer Camp Opportunities contact Charlie Myers at 740-725-9622 or email@example.com