Marion Public Health will be offering flu vaccines at various locations throughout the Marion Area. The health department will kick off the fight against flu by providing vaccinations from 4-6pm at Marion Public Library on September 20th. Marion Public Health will conduct 7 additional clinics over the following weeks.
Flu vaccines will also be available on a walk-in basis at the Public Health wing of Marion General Hospital on Mondays from 1-3pm and Fridays from 9-11am starting September 21st.
Marion Public Health is pleased to offer an additional flu vaccine which is produced specifically for seniors. Fluzone High-Dose vaccine is available for residents 65 years of age and older. The High-Dose vaccine is designed with an increased antigen formula, geared specifically to produce higher antibody levels, and therefore better immunity. Regular flu vaccine will also be available.
While most people will only need one shot, children under the age of 9 years old may need two doses spaced 4 weeks apart. Parents of children 6 months to three years of age may bring their children to the walk-in clinics at Marion Public Health or schedule an appointment at the Tuesday and Wednesday Infant, Childhood and Family Immunization Clinic.
The cost for the regular flu vaccine is $25.50 for adults (19 years and older), $24.50 for children (6 months-18 years) and $41.00 for the High Dose (65 years and older.) Cash, checks, traditional Medicare Part B (primary), Medicaid, Molina, and Caresource, and some private insurances will be accepted.
Marion Public Health is providing the following off-site flu clinics:
- Thursday, September 20 – 4:00-6:00 – Marion Public Library, 445 East Church Street in Marion
- Monday, September 24 – 11:00-1:00 – Emanuel Lutheran Church, 241 South Prospect Street in Marion
- Monday, September 24 – 3:00 – 5:00 – Prospect Public Library, 116 North Main Street in Prospect
- Thursday, September 27 – 10:00-2:00 – Marion Senior Center (50 years and older), 2375 Harding Highway East in Marion
- Thursday, September 27 – 3:00-5:00 – Anselment Memorial Park, Caledonia-Mudpike Road in Caledonia
- Friday, October 5 – 9:00-11:00 – Primrose Community, 1550 Wellness Drive in Marion
- Thursday, October 11 – 3:00-5:00 – Ridgedale Elementary Cafeteria, 3105 Hillman-Ford Road in Morral
- Thursday, October 25 – 3:00-5:00 – Elgin West Elementary Cafeteria, 350 North High Street in LaRue
The schedule is also available on the health department’s website at www.marionpublichealth.org or by calling 740-387-6520.